Looking for a special title?
Interlibrary Loan is a service that provides access to material from other libraries. Our Interlibrary Loan service is available at the Millbrook and Bruce Johnston Branches.
- Check the Library Catalogue (OPAC) first. We may already have the item you need. Then ask staff for assistance, we may be able to find something else that will answer your need.
- Interlibrary Loans for audio-visual materials such as videos, CDs, DVDs and recorded books may be restricted as the lending library may choose not to send us this type of material.
- Material under 6 months old may be requested as an Interlibrary Loan; however, it may not be supplied by the lending library. We welcome suggestions for purchases.
- Reasonable expectation of delivery is 2 to 3 weeks.
- Generally, there is no cost to the patron, except where the lending library charges for audio or special material. We will inform you of any charges before proceeding with the request.
- The loan period is determined by the lending library and should be respected. Renewals are not encouraged, but may be requested.
- When your Interlibrary Loan arrives, we will telephone you. Please pick up your material as soon as you are notified that it is available.
- Lost material must be paid for by the patron.