We are open until Thursday, and then reopening on January 5th with curbside pick up
We are excited to welcome you back to the CM Libraries! We’ve missed you.
With everyone’s safety in mind, we have rearranged the Bruce Johnston Branch and removed some of the furniture and computers at both locations.
We know our patrons are the best and will understand our need to restrict the number of people in the building. While we would love to talk and catch up, patrons will be encouraged to keep the traffic flowing.
- 10 people per branch
- Once maximum occupancy has been reached, the “one in, one out” rule will apply
- We would prefer one person per family enter the library
- Parents are asked to stay with children, help them select material. Most toys and fun things have been put away
- Mask and hand hygiene
- Patrons, who are able, are required to wear a face mask** see policy for definition
- Patrons must sanitize their hands when entering the branch
- Patrons must remain 2 metres (or 13 books) apart at all times
- Library staff will wear face masks or face shields at all times when patrons are in the building
- Library staff will sanitize their hands before and after handling material
- Computers will be available first come, first served
- 30 minute limit when people are waiting
- The public must sanitize their hands before using the computers
- Keyboards will be kept at the counter to ensure cleaning procedures are followed
- All material will be returned through the library drop boxes
- All returned material will be quarantined for about 1 week (7-10 days) before being checked in
- Washrooms will be available to use
- Touch-points will be wiped with disinfectant at least twice a day
Our relevant policies can be found by clicking this link “ opens in a new windowPolicies” which takes you our “About” page.