We are reopening! Tuesday, August 18th @ 2pm!
We are excited to welcome you back to the CM Libraries! We’ve missed you. We will be announcing a reopening date soon.
With everyone’s safety in mind, we have rearranged the Bruce Johnston Branch and removed some of the furniture and computers at both locations.
We know our patrons are the best and will understand our need to restrict the number of people in the building. While we would love to talk and catch up, patrons will be encouraged to keep the traffic flowing.
- # of people per branch – to be calculated and posted on Friday
- Once maximum occupancy has been reached, the “one in, one out” rule will apply
- We would prefer one person per family enter the library
- Parents are asked to stay with children, help them select material. Most toys and fun things have been put away
Mask and hand hygiene
- Patrons, who are able, are required to wear a face mask** see policy for definition
- Patrons must sanitize their hands when entering the branch
- Patrons must remain 2 metres (or 13 books) apart at all times
- Library staff will wear face masks or face shields at all times when patrons are in the building
- Library staff will sanitize their hands before and after handling material
- Computers will be available first come, first served
- The public will be limited to 30 minute sessions on the computers
- The public must sanitize their hands before using the computers
- Keyboards will be kept at the counter to ensure cleaning procedures are followed
- All material will be returned through the library drop boxes
- All returned material will be quarantined for about 1 week (7-10 days) before being checked in
- Washrooms will be available to use
- Touch-points will be wiped with disinfectant at least twice a day
Our relevant policies can be found by clicking here
Please use our online catalogue (click here to access) to search for material. The catalogue now shows items from Overdrive (Libby), Kanopy and Ebsco. To find the physical items we own, refine your search by checking the boxes for “Bruce Johnston” and/or “Millbrook” and then click the ‘🗘’ to filter the results.
Items may be placed on hold after entering your login information (top right corner). Items may also be requested by calling the branches or emailing us through our “Contact Us” link.
Summer Reading and Tutoring Registration E-Forms
Summer Reading Program Registration!
AUGUST NEWSLETTER – HOT OFF THE PRESS!
We are currently running on reduced hours – click here to see hours
Contact-less pick up & Returns
Contact-less Pick Up
Patrons are encouraged to browse/search the library catalogue and put items on hold. Patrons may also call the Branches or email and request items.
When staff pull material for patrons, they will be wearing masks and following proper hand washing/sanitizing protocols.
Patrons will be contacted when their material is ready for pick-up and instructions will be communicated at that time.
Please do not return material if you have tested positive for COVID-19, until you and everyone in your house have tested negative
Please do not return material if you have cold or flu like symptoms
Materials will be checked in and reshelved seven (7) days after they are removed from the drop box
Library Catalogue, Cards, E-Resources
ROI Calculator – Boredom Busters – Colouring Page
New books in the Library Collection: